Le Cube presents Hugo Arcier’s solo exhibition with a selection of films, 3D sculptures and prints. He has already attracted notice as an artist on the digital scene and, in this exhibition, Hugo Arcier develops a scenario that leads the viewers to reflect on and question reality using universal and metaphysical themes such as life, death, passing time and more.
Hugo Arcier’s works call on a common memory: are we confronted with an altered memory of the reality, or is it the reality itself that is distorted in the end? The work eventually frees itself from the model and gains life-like characteristics: dreams, faults, degeneration, avidity and impulsion. The artist both imitates and separates. He methodically searches what his work tool (3D computer graphics) can do and exploits its characteristics. Hence, the tool itself becomes the subject. This now-visible technology gives the work a sharp look.
Hovering between memory and aspiration, lurking deep within technology, nostalgia is found both in similarities and differences, and equally in search and loss. His search dissects virtual image technology in order to reflect on 3D worlds that clash together, have confrontations and tame each other within the confines of a changing reality.
- 1001x a reblogué ce billet depuis hugoarcier
- automatissun aime ce billet
- kadryu aime ce billet
- beatrice-darmagnac a reblogué ce billet depuis hugoarcier
- artpr a reblogué ce billet depuis thefilearts
- sympathyfortheartgallery a reblogué ce billet depuis thefilearts et a ajouté :
- thefilearts a reblogué ce billet depuis hugoarcier et a ajouté :
- hugoarcier a publié ce billet